Monday 19 April 2010

Team Impression: Day 1

Well after a disasterous bus journey, I finally managed to get to Team about an hour late. I phoned ahead to let them know I'd got on the wrong bus and they were very understanding about me being late.

I got shown around the buildings, they're bigger than I expected taking up 4 medium sized industrial units. They have 2 litho presses, 2 big digital presses and hugh flatbed digital printer and a vast array of foiling embossing, die cutting foiling and fiolding machines. It was very cool to see where its all done and the fact that quite a lot of it is still done by hand.

After the tour I sat in with Glen who does estimates. Basically clients get intouch with hime when they want a quote. They send through the specs, what they want in terms of paper stocks, finishes and numbers of copies and its Glens job to work out how much its going to cost and get back to them as quick a spossible.

This is really the adimistrative side of a printers and not the hands on side which I suppose I was expecting to get exoperience with, however I found it really interesting and eye-opening to see how they work out and add up the costs of a job. It was interesting to see the software they use and how they make the calculations.

I had to leave early as I had a briefing at 1:30pm but I found the whole thing very interesting and am looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment